The Economic Freedom Fighter (EFF) Julius Malema has lashed out at those within the ruling party who questions the of the authenticity of the emails leaks between government officials and the Gupta family #GuptaLeaks.
“We can confirm for sure that these email are authentic because the information they contain has been known to us long ago.” said Malema in a media briefing.
President Jacob Zuma, Finance Minister Malusi Gigaba, and other key role players in the government have been badly implicated in the email leaks..
Full EFF Statement on Gupta Leaks:
- Nothing demonstrates the self-destructive mode of the ruling party than the emails that have been published by several media outlets in the past two weeks. We can confirm for sure that these email are authentic because the information they contain has been known to us long ago. On many occasions, we have taken the country into confidence about money movements into Dubai through the president and cabinet ministers. We have also spoken about off-shore accounts as well as related state corruption that benefits the Gupta family in entities like Trasnet, Eskom, SAA and Denel.
- All what we have been saying is now supported by hardcore evidence that is available for anyone to see. Any of the cabinet ministers who is implicated and feels that these emails are fake should have challenged them though the courts or press ombudsman by now. However, we can guarantee you all that none of them will do so because these emails and their contents are authentic.
- Last week Zuma once again lied to parliament and the people of South Africa by claiming that he is not opposed to the commission of enquiry into state capture by the Guptas. According to the binding remedial action of the Public Protector Zuma was supposed to appoint a commission within 30 days i.e. in December 2016. The ONLY reason that was not done is because Zuma instituted a review application in the Pretoria High Court which is now scheduled to be heard from 24 October 2017.
- With the revelation of the emails it is clear that October is too far. Accordingly we have instructed our lawyers this morning to send a letter to Zuma demanding that in the next few days he should withdraw his review application so that South Africa can know the truth without his delaying tactics and endless appeals like in the case of the Spytapes saga. If he does not withdraw then he must agree that all the parties approach the Judge President for the hearing to be brought forward to within a month from now; that is to an agreed date by July. Should he fail to accept our demands then the EFF will have no option but to approach the court for an early date on the grounds that the matter has now become urgent and South Africans can no longer afford to wait for another 5 months plus endless appeals.
- We believe that at the core of the emails and Gupta Leaks is evidence that those who run government today have betrayed their country and facilitated a coup by handing over constitutional decision making powers to a foreign family. In a normal democracy this unpatriotic betrayal is tantamount or even worse than treason.
- We call on all genuine and freedom loving South Africans to take a hard look at the evidence and to realise that the organisation of Luthuli, Tambo, Mandela and Hani has been hijacked by a criminal Mafia gang led by Jacob Zuma. South Africa has been stolen right in front of our eyes. Any person who votes for the ANC knowing about these criminal activities will also be making themselves accomplices in the crime of High Treason being committed by Zuma and his gang of criminals.
- We urge all patriotic South Africans to support this call by the EFF by any lawful means necessary including taking to the streets