The Youth League of the ruling party African National Congress (ANC) has pronounced on their seven preferred candidate to lead the party post President Jacob Zuma era.
ANCYL said on Tuesday it will back Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma, former chair of the African Union and President Jacob Zuma’s ex-wife, to be the party’s next leader with the Premier of Mpumalanga Province David Mabuza deputizing.
The Youth League has joined the ANC Women’s League, the MKMVA and President Zuma himself in endorsing Dlamini-Zuma.
The league has also pronounced on its preffered ANC top-seven leadership ahead of the party’s national conference to be held in December 2017
- Nkosasana Dlamini-Zuma – President
- David Mabuza – Deputy President
- Nathi Mthethwa – Chairperson
- Ace Makgashule – Secretary General
- Jessie Duarte – Deputy Secretary General
- Fikile Mbalula – Deputy Secretary General
- Nkoana Mashabane – Treasure General